The object that i found was a kebob rack. It looks like a roasting pan with out the bottom. It has slit cut into it that hold the 6 kebob rods. I wanted to try it out and see how well it works. So i marinated some cut up chicken breasts in Italian dressing that was made with Pomegranate red wine vinegar. I cut up some different color of bell peppers and placed them on the skewers with the chicken.
Italian dressing Recipe:
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 tablespoons salt
- In a small bowl, mix together the garlic salt, onion powder, sugar, oregano, pepper, thyme, basil, parsley, celery salt and regular salt. Store in a tightly sealed container.
- To prepare dressing, whisk together 1/4 cup white vinegar or red wine vinegar, 2/3 cup canola oil, 2 tablespoons water and 2 tablespoons of the dry mix.
The device works as well as it should for $3, but it did not work as well as i wanted it to. The weight on the skewers causes them to roll around. The slits are to small to allow the rods to sit flat to hold them in place.
Half way through the cook, i took them out and placed them directly on the grill to finish. All in all, they turned out pretty tasty.
I know this was a small post but hey, its all good.